Friday, May 22, 2009

My 10 reasons for going green

Since I made the decision to live a greener lifestyle, I've often been asked exactly what it was that prompted me to make the jump. To tell the truth, it wasn't any single incident. Instead, there were a series of things that I had been considering for some time.

While spending some time away on holiday recently, I came up with this list. I thought I'd share it here partly for posterity, and partly for convenience – the next time it comes up, I've got my response already figured out...

My 10 reasons for going green

  1. I realised that we have a responsibility to the planet

  2. After becoming a parent, I wanted to set an example for my children

  3. Because, and this is where the idea for My Greener Home came from, I knew it would save me money

  4. I wanted to feel more in tune with the world we live in – and get away from the TV!

  5. Because I'm competitive and love coming up with new targets and goals

  6. I wanted to try something new, both personally and professionally

  7. I've always tried to live a healthy lifestyle, and being green means I eat well (most credit to my wife here though) and get more exercise

  8. I wanted to live more efficiently – both in terms of the energy I use and the free time I have to spend

  9. I was told it would help cut down on stress and, much to my surprise, it has

  10. I was fed up with commuting. Not my main reason admittedly – but using public transport less, reduces my carbon footprint and keeps me healthier!

So, there it is. It feels quite strange seeing it written down like that! I'd be interested to hear your comments, as well see any lists of your own.

Have a great week!

Edwin


1 comment:

Chris said...

Hey Edwin, this is a great post! Is there anyway I can contact you?

Feel free to email me directly.
chris@greenpress.com

--Chris Rose